- He swims well.
- He ran quickly.
- She spoke softly.
- James coughed loudly to attract her attention.
- He plays the flute beautifully.（在直接受詞後）
- He ate the chocolate cake greedily.（在直接受詞後）
- He ate greedily the chocolate cake. [不正確]
- He ate the chocolate cake greedily. [正確]
- He greedily ate the chocolate cake. [正確]
- He gave us generously the money. [不正確]
- He gave us the money generously. [正確]
- He generously gave us the money. [正確]
- The child ran happily towards his mother.
- The child ran towards his mother happily.
- The town grew quickly after 1997.
- He waited patiently for his mother to arrive.
這些常見的情狀副詞 well、badly、hard、fast 幾乎都是緊接在動詞後。
- He swam well despite being tired.
- The rain fell hard during the storm.
|She quickly agreed to re-type the letter.||迅速地同意|
|She agreed quickly to re-type the letter.||迅速地同意|
|She agreed to re-type the letter quickly.||迅速地重新打|
|He quietly asked me to leave the house.||安靜地詢問|
|He asked me quietly to leave the house.||安靜地詢問|
|He asked me to leave the house quietly.||安靜地離開|
有時候情狀副詞會放在動詞 + 受詞之前，增添強調的意味。
- He gently woke the sleeping woman.
- She angrily slammed the door.
- Slowly she picked up the knife.
- Roughly he grabbed her arm.