come + 動名詞就如其他接動名詞的行進動詞一樣，意指主詞在移動的同時正在做某事。
- She came running across the field.
- The horse came racing around the corner.
- My dog always comes bounding out of the car.
- When I call you, please come running.
come + 不定詞有「某件事的發生或發展」之意，有可能不在主詞的控制之中。
- At first I thought he was crazy, but I've come to appreciate his sense of humour.
- How did you come to be outside the wrong house?
- The book has come to mean something quite different for me.
- I have come to see that you were right all along.
在另一種 come + 不定詞的用法上，不定詞是用來表示「過來」的意圖，跟其他接不定詞的行進動詞用法很類似。
- I came to see the new exhibition.
- We came to watch a movie.
- Will you come to eat dinner?